Andrew talking with his good friend from Austin


"Infinite numbers, delicacies, smells,
With hues on hues expression cannot paint."
--James Thomson, 1746


The next morning was misty--mist rising in slow swirls off the pond, and lingering in the hills...

Howdy!

Deborah and Stephen set up their tent! They plan to sleep in it some night soon :)

The darling kid

One of Stephen's ducks

I know a group of geese is called a "gaggle of geese" -- anyone know what a group of ducks is called?

I went "barging" with the younger ones on the pond--and described it in my journal thus:
"Fun--and hilarious to see how the waterlogged barges played tricks on or sank precipitously under an unwary rider--but if one laughed too hard at the fate of another, one couldn't pay attention to the delicate balancing needed and came in danger of falling in oneself! ;)"

An abandoned bark

A cropduster was dusting fields 2 miles or so away, but turning around for the next "pass" right over our land!!! So much fun to watch!

He was so low!!!

Watchers

He even squirted out some smoke (yes, it was smoke and not pesticides! ;) to acknowledge our waves! :)

Art

A real treat! 

Since I'm posting plane pics, I'll share one of my favorite retro plane images :)

Our little man...

...doing something! :)


Our neighbor's shop is shooting up--

--here's what was accomplished on Friday!

The very first paintbrush (can you see it?)!

Dewberries are blooming--can't wait for the berries!

Micah building paper airplane models :) He does a great job!

And... Dillon & Mrs. Caylor dropped by to give us a volleyball net. We had a lovely time of visiting! Mom & I simply love Mrs. Caylor! :) It's such fun to have friends over.


3 comments:

  1. It depends on what the ducks are doing. I understand it goes like this...

    If flying, a brace, or a flock.
    If swimming, a raft, or team. Some people also add paddling or badling. Wierd.

    I like duggle, personally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I could depend on you, Karen, to know all the proper names! :) Thanks!

      I kindof like the sound of, "a raft of ducks." Can't you see that worked into a poem?

      Delete