My Birthday

 Yesterday was my birthday -- how happy I am to be a daughter at home! Truly, God does all things well, and I thank Him for how He is in loving charge of my life. How grateful I am that He has spared me for these 26 years, and I pray that I can bring glory to Him through the time He gives me on this earth.

Opening a present from darling Stephen...

Everyone was so thoughtful!

Mom & Dad's generous gift! I am super excited about this camera -- twice the zoom of my old one, much higher resolution, useful new settings, fantastic color sensitivity...

Darling Beth sent me this picture of a birthday bouquet she made up for me (the miles between San Antone and here mean I can't receive it physically; but she quite creatively conquered the miles by sending photos!)

Of course, having a new camera meant I spent quite a bit of time taking pictures and experimenting with settings: 
Two very special brothers!

Art

Grin

I went down with Stephen to visit his duckies... with camera, of course!

Goats amid the glories of Spring


Fresh new leaves

A new and very fun setting -- it highlights a certain section, and blurs everything else...

Oak

You can see in this photo how some trees have flushed with leaves, while others are still totally barren.


Love the blurred background...


Leaves... and twigs

Project

My handsome brother, Nathaniel

Buddies


Deborah iced my birthday cake -- how special of her!

Debs and Andrew lighting the candles... :)

A sign I saw on the Internet the other day that made me laugh out loud!
I thought I'd post it, since I'm a novelist... ;)

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Elisha!!

    Love,
    The Ehlinger family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Elisha!
    Love, Bethany and Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy birthday, Elisha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! :) :) :)
    Much love,
    Elisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of camera is it? Steven and I were just talking about getting a good camera. Happy birthday, very late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Rebekah,
      It's a Canon PowerShot SX260 HS.
      Great to hear from you! Hope you are well! :)
      Love,
      Elisha

      Delete