Friends, Flowers, and SSO

What a fun thing it was to have the G. family over for dinner! Here some of them are coming back from seeing the ducks and goats.

Laughter is very much in evidence when we're with the Griggs!

Playing Occupations

"Now, who could be 'Pipe Cleaner?'"

The irises in Beth's former garden are beginning

Rich

One (of the many) things I love about my new camera -- no-fuss, clear moon shots! I couldn't get a single moon shot I was pleased with out of the other camera, good as it was.

SSO (Sherman Symphony Orchestra) practice on Tuesday night -- the children's chorus practices with the orchestra for the first time.

Two of the soloists practice...

My companion for many a SSO practice (and it never grows dull! :)
It may look small here, but it's a monster -- at least 2-1/2 inches thick!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you liked Sherlock Holmes! Which story is your favorite? I like the Speckled Band myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Favorite? How about all of them? ;) ;) I have been a Holmes fan for years. I didn't know you liked them!! :)
      I'm in the middle of The Hound of the Baskervilles. I think that's one of his neatest masterpieces; so many convoluted happenings and plot twists! With the great, gray, hostile moor as a backdrop...
      They're so well-written!
      Love to you!!!!
      Elisha

      Delete
  2. Well... I'm not a huge Holmes fan, though I certainly enjoy Sir Conan Doyle when I pick up a book by him (The Lost World stories are hilarious). Kathy is the real Holmes person... she can quote and paraphrase at length. And Matthew just started reading the stories, too, so it's all I've heard about in the past week. Coincidence, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete