I know, I know -- another Nature photo! But I'm afraid I just post what catches my eye, so you'll have to bear with my multitude of Nature shots! ;)

Here's another "Which is better?" dilemma in which I just post both (the pics above and below :)


Sunburst 
(I know that's a made-up word, but if we have "cloudbursts" can't we have "sunbursts"? ;)

The male cedars around here are laden with pollen -- it makes them look orange-y-yellow from afar.

A walk with two special children

More budding twig Art

And -- what are Bailey Volunteer Fire trucks doing on our road? Well, the guy who owns the land at the dead-end of our road came out to do some work on his place, and when he tried to start his lawnmower, a ball of fire shot out and caught the grass on fire! He called 911 right away, and they paged out the fire dept. It was kind-of funny because Dad & Andrew got the page and were like, "That's on our road!"

Here is Nathaniel, Dad, and Andrew, in another fire truck!

Though after all that, the neighbor was able to put the fire out before the fire trucks arrived! A patch about 30' by 45' was burnt, though. And really, he was good to call -- it was a very windy day, and it could have easily got out of control! 
By the way, this was the same neighbor whose out-of-control burn pile two years ago (which he'd thought he'd extinguished) only didn't burn down our house and a neighbor's because the speedy arrival of the Bailey VFD and the providence of God. No wonder he was "quick on the draw" in calling the fire department! :) And we appreciate that. :)

Watching the fire trucks go by! How grateful we are for the men who volunteer to protect us!

3 comments:

  1. It's never just "another" nature photo for me, you know... I am so grateful that you keep posting an abundance of them.

    Concerning your "which is better" dilemma, I think the second is overall superior. The frame is tighter (remember what Chesterton said about frames!) and the whitish sky doesn't wash out the subject. Though I'm sure the sky was far from white when you took the first - probably glazed with light over an infusion of chilled alto stratus... Would that be correct? Anyway, I like the sense of the second just a bit more. I can almost smell the fragrant federal and feel the dry husk husk of last summer grass...

    Now I'm homesick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just poppin' in to say hi, Elisha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! :) I love comments. :)

    Appreciated your input -- and I agree about the pics, Karen!

    Thanks for saying hi, Alicia! :)

    Love,
    Elisha

    ReplyDelete