Growing Things...


Spring Art

Little leaflets...

The green is fighting the brown... and winning! :)

Stephen & Mommy, checking on the ducks together!

The little man runs back to the house after completing his job! :)

Deborah made Sue Gregg's three-layer German Chocolate Cake the other day. It was to die for! :)

Redbud and an Atlas -- don't they go together so well? 
I'm sure if everyone in the world stopped for a moment to look at redbud blossoms, world peace would be achieved... ;) ;) (Just joking! But I enjoy it very much! ;)

A darling little vase 

More "barging" on the pond!

I love all the reflected colors... 

A few posts ago I showed a close-up of some yellow flowers, and a dear friend asked about the size. Here's a shot of the plants, Karen -- they're probably 1-1/2 feet high. :)

Our roses are just showing the potential of blooms (compared to Beth's roses in San Antonio, which are already blooming!)

This branch of redbud has the most delightful shape! Such a treat to have around the house. :)

I'd like to close with an old car ad -- that's actually a work of art! :) :)


2 comments:

  1. Redbuds = world peace? Well, if everyone stopped to look and consider the sheer miracle of the flower, maybe they would regain the larger scope of reality.. Clyde Kilby puts it best in his resolutions: "At least once a day, I shall look steadily up at the sky and remember that I, a consciousness with a conscience, am on a planet traveling in space with wonderfully mysterious things above me and about me.... I shall open my eyes and ears. Once a day I shall simply stare at a tree, a flower, a cloud, or a person. I shall not then be concerned at all to ask what they are, but simply be glad that they are. I shall joyfully allow them the mystery of what Lewis calls their 'divine, magical, terrifying, and ecstatic' existence."

    With a worldview like that, there is no room for war.

    ReplyDelete