An "Explore"...


Misty morning...

The falling-down house across the street ;)

Stephen and I went on an autumn-y explore/hike in our woods!!!! What a special treat to spend time with my little brother. :)

An oak flushes with the promise of brighter things

Berries!


I love the moss beside this dry streamlet


My hike buddy :)

Stephen explained to me the rationale behind this photo he took: "I'm trying to take a picture that looks like we're in the middle of nowhere."

He also wanted to take pictures of me in the woods...

...and I reciprocated with pleasure. :)

Us two together!

Brilliant

 

Meadow

Our house, as seen from behind


Scintillating color!

Wild rose hips

We had a fire in our firepit that evening -- what a treat!

How special to gather round as a family, while the sky darkens above and the stars come uot in droves...

2 comments:

  1. Do you think those bright red leaves could be common sumac? I can't think of what else besides a Shumard Oak that would be so red this time of year.

    Tell Stephen that I really, really liked his "in the middle of nowhere" photo. I endevour to create that kind of feel myself most of the time, which is not always easy in a neighborhood with houses, streets, and... *groan* telephone poles. I have found that one almost needs to "work" a landscape, and discover all those angles which give the illusion of the "lost in nature" impression. Sometimes I wonder if the aspect of illusion renders the whole thing a kind of art form. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure those red leaves are sumac. They're such a splash of color!

    I totally think that photography is/can be an art form. The photographer is capturing (or trying to capture ;) his/her own view of the universe, what is important or unique.

    Just for the record, I almost think that telephone poles are more of an eyesore to the nature photo than houses! ;)

    I so enjoy reading your comments! :)

    Love,
    Elisha

    ReplyDelete