Normal Life...

(As Karen so aptly pointed out in her comment on the last post: What is "normal life?" A question, in a large household, that's not so easy to answer ;) . But it's good, and I love it!)

"For food and shelter and for toil,
For all the gifts from sun and soil;
For cares that help us to grow strong,
For thought that guides us toward right from wrong,
For tears that cleanse, and the need to be
Closer in our touch with Thee,
For every care Thy love bestows,
For every joy each glad heart knows,
For all good things we feel or see,
Dear loving God, our thanks to Thee!"
- Solveig Paulson Russel

Sunset

Deborah made a popcorn string! It's very festive. :)

Art in gold and silver

Even dried weed-flowers can be pretty!

It's Mom's Birthday!

Happy Birthday to a very special mother. :) :)

Mom blows out the candles while the relic of a piano lesson rests on the piano near her... ;)

3 comments:

  1. If I were post modern, I'd state that normal is whatever I want it to be.

    My father would say that normal is whatever the Scriptures dictate, and if normal veers from that then it becomes abnormal.

    Either way, normalcy is something of a joke in my family. We either ignore it or redefine it as a situation dictates. ;-)

    Say Happy Birthday to your mom for me! Tell her I like the Wahlquist "normal." :-D

    And I love the silver/gold idea of those nature photos! Reminds me of an old Christmas song by the same name which I loved as a child. Cold it may be, but I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) Birthday, Mrs. Wahlquist!! I hope it was a very special day for a equally special person. ;)

    Love,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Elisha,

    What beautiful "art in gold and silver"!!!!!
    So gorgeous.

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete