Of Music And Nature

What a picture -- if only that electric pole wasn't there... ;)

Thin, many-fingered hands held up to the tinted sky...

Art, oak-tree style

The sun was just rising above the eastern treeline, and throwing all these neat shadows as it crept up!

I love the interplay of shade and light

Some tree trunks are already  glowing white, while others, still in shadow, are a dusky gray... :)

Where am I? Sherman Symphony practice!

Ben has been given a great gift, and I am so grateful to God!

Our wonderful teacher (and the extremely talented concertmaster of the SSO) -- Clare Cason.

Next day finds Ben & I practicing with the ensemble we recently joined (just to clarify, I'm not in this pic -- I took it :)

We use the fellowship building of our church -- it works quite well. :)

Rose hips, and their branches' first tender foliage. Ben brought the cuttings indoors when he trimmed the wild roses.

I just like this pic -- so here it is! ;)


These darling little roses are from a potted mini rose Dad gave Deborah. :) I love how Mom puts fresh real flowers in little vases around the house! She's so creative.


"Big Legos," as we have always called them. Stephen has spent hours playing with them in the last few weeks. :)

And here's a smile from Deborah to finish off this post! :) :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh if only that telephone pole didn't get in the way!
    Love the colors though. It's a kinda pinky peach, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I know! Those pesky telephone poles... ;) If I didn't love my electricity so much... ;)

      Delete
  2. Got your letter today and read about your upcoming performance - sure wish I could be there to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty roses! And fun to see pictures of the Symphony!
    Love, Beth

    ReplyDelete