Ranch Rodeo - Part 1

 Saturday night, some of us went to the King's Trail Cowboy Church's Ranch Rodeo! I think I've been to three rodeos in my life, so this isn't something we do a lot, but it was certainly fun! :)

It's great going places with my family!

Cutie

The cowboys enter the arena...

Some gorgeous horses there!

Most of this rodeo was team competition, four cowboys to a team.


Kids brought in the flags...


Hats off for the US flag


The first order of business was "Mutton Busting!" ;) Little kids on sheep... adorable!

And when you fall off (the 2 feet or so) --

-- the clowns are there to pick you up!


The contestants

The first group of cowboys -- from Owens Sand & Gravel

"Branding." The steer has been roped -- now the other cowboys will leap off their horses --

-- run to the steer --

-- and wrestle him down (or at least try to!)! :)

They're off!


This steer's giving them a battle...


Competing with a grin

Part 2 to come!

2 comments:

  1. I really like that one with the gray and the palomino... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why... ;) ;) Cor ad cor loquitur!

    ReplyDelete