A Poem

I'm sitting here with a cup of hot chocolate, reading a simple but deep poem a friend sent recently, and I wanted to share it with ya'll! It makes such a good point that trials, although painful, can be amazing opportunities to grow spiritually and gain character!

Until I Learned

Until I learned to trust the Lord
I never learned to pray;
And never learned to fully trust
Till sorrows came my way.

Until I felt my weakness
His strength I never knew;
Nor dreamed, till I was stricken,
That He would see me through.

He who drinks deepest sorrow,
Drinks deepest too of grace;
God sends the storm so He, Himself,
Can be our resting place.

His heart, Who seeks our deepest good,
Knows well when things annoy;
We would not yearn for Heaven
If earth held only joy!

-Anonymous 

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely poem! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this a lot! Thank you!
    Love, Beth + 1

    ReplyDelete