Quote of the Day

Andrew gave me the book, Chosen to be a Minister's Wife, by Mrs. Adrian Rogers, for Christmas, and I really was blessed by it.
Here's a quote I'd like to share (highlighting is mine):

This covers so many areas of modesty graciously, but the point that really stood out to me is that "if in doubt" about an outfit, we should err on the side of appropriateness; it's better to cover more skin/be looser than necessary than to bare too much or be too tight/revealing. 
And doing that does not mean that's you'll look ugly or frumpy or dowdy! :) To illustrate this, I'd like to share a photo of a famous lady wearing an outfit which is beautiful yet not too tight or revealing. It's appropriate.
May that word fill our vocabulary more, when we think of our clothes! Is this appropriate? Is it pleasing to my parents/husband, to my Savior? If not, we'd better think again. :)


Disclaimer: I'm not saying that Kate always dresses modestly, just that this outfit is such a beautiful example! :)

1 comment:

  1. As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without discretion.

    ReplyDelete