2

Cardinal amidst the beauty

Fun icicles!


It is a neat and beautiful sight to see clear stalagmite-like icicles sticking out of the 3" of sleet!

Cold


The goats now can reach branches that were too high before!



This picture reminds me of a scene in C.S. Lewis' "The Great Divorce" -- even the grass is hard to this poor bird!

(thanks to Ben for many of these pictures!)


Mom, Dad, & I took a walk... at least, I started with them -- my progress was impeded by the continual discovery of new things to photograph! ;)


My parents


Beckoning to explore...


Even the abandoned house across the street seems cheerier






Even mere brambles can become jeweled bits of beauty

4 comments:

  1. The big joke, of course, is that while you were being iced under, I was swealtering in hot, humid weather....

    Love the pictures! And tell Ben I like his bird pictures, too, especially the one of the female cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures! Those gate icicles are so perfect! And the first picture is gorgeous.
    Love,
    Beth and Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are so beautiful! We miss y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the second one of your parents walking! All of the pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete