Paper Cuttings...

Nathaniel and Ben were inspired recently to cut "snowflakes" out of post-it-notes! I was (and am) astounded at the beautiful and very intricate designs they have made! 

Merry Christmas!

God's art

A thistle loses it's seeds...

The shrinking pond

More "snowflakes"...(these are eight sided--not six sided)

Early morning comfort

A window full of cuttings..

Thanksgiving!

And more Christmas...

China

The Crusades

"The Ball and the Cross"
This one I did out of inspiration from the book of the same name!

Some more flights of fancy in architectural directions...

.........

Specially for Stephen!

The End

9 comments:

  1. Beth, that's a great picture of you with the cat! He looks really comfortable. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, stupid me. That's Elisha, not Beth. :-[ Could that have been any more embarrassing? Maybe I need to have my eyes checked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget about it -- it was kindof hard to see who that was. ;)
    And yes, Deputy the cat was VERY comfortable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cuttings are absolutely amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mom asked me to ask how y'all made the boat and castle cut-outs. We are studying medieval history in school and I think Mom wants to do those 2 cut-outs as a craft. :) Did Nathaniel and Benjamin just do it 'out-of-their-heads' or did they use some pattern?

    I am still amazed at the entricay of the cut-outs!

    Blessings,
    Johanna Kautt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant to say, "I am still amazed at the entricacy of the cut-outs". Our 'c' button on this keyboard is messed-up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Johanna, Beth & the guys didn't use any patterns -- just their own free creativity (of which they have a lot, judging from their creations). :)

    Amanda, I agree -- I'm amazed, too! Who could've thought a little piece of paper could end up looking so intricately pretty?! :)

    ~ Elisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Elisha,

    Yes, I really am amazed about the cut-outs. I've tried to do them before, but it is kind of confusing. Such pretty decorations! I especially LOVE the eight-sided cut-outs and the one with the lighthouse and horse. :) I'll tell Mom that they didn't use patterns. :)

    We miss you all,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete