Our day with Michael and Sandy!

After playing kick ball in the morning, we went to Fort Funston in the afternoon--a "retired" defence point from World War II.


 Erin in Ireland
Not really, but that is what it reminds me of! I love the purse Erin!


Andrew ponders the wild endless power that is the Ocean.

 Preparing for lift off...

 And he's up! Fort Funston is one of the best places to hang glide in the world!


 I like the graphic illustrations!


 Battery Davis 1938

 I love silhouettes!


 The guys climbed up on top and this is from their vantage point

 I told you we were in Ireland! (an Irish Setter)
We found out very quickly that Fort Funston is the gathering place of all the dog walkers in San Francisco! It is one of the only places dogs can be off their leashes in SF. We wonder how each dog walker can keep his dogs with him, because the groups are constantly meeting other groups who are mixing with other groups etc.! When we were leaving we did see a few "Lost Dog" signs--I hate to think how much trouble those dog walkers got into!

 The large lab that is crouching, kept springing up to get the ball on this dog walker's back!

 Big dogs, little dogs, any kind of dog...


Naturally framed

 When Battery Davis was in operation, a huge cannon was mounted under the half circle above. We learned that they cut the guns into 5 foot sections for scrap, and each piece weighed


 This hang-glider noticed we were watching and showed off! (I don't think the dog walkers pay any attention to them!)



Here we are now at Half Moon Bay! We came here to put our toes in the Ocean!

 "And I stood on the sea sand." Revelation 12:18

Beautiful

 The spectators

 Look!

 Pelicans!

 I could have stood there forever--the feel of the sand creeping out from under my feet as the water receded, reminded me of some of our favorite read aloud books that have the ocean in them!

 Here comes!


"Time and tide wait for no man."

 Michael built an entrenchment and set up Stephen to continue it!


Stephen loved building with sand!

Do you see that shark?!!!

Carefully now...

I wonder if the feather here has anything to do with Indians..? (Like the one we saw in the Redwoods)


Our very sweet "cousin" Sandy!

 The poor guy got buried!


Aaah...

3 comments:

  1. I can certainly tell that you are all naturals-- to CA! :) Or, natives? :)

    ~Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe "natives" is more of the correct word -- though our guys would say, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got there as fast as I could!" ;)
    ~ Elisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I thought y'all like New Zealand over Texas? And your mom said your brothers don't like Oklahoma. Abby was born there-- she loves OK! :)

    Yeah, I thought "natives" was the right word.

    Can't wait to get your letter!

    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete