Clear Skies After Rain...

Then, after days of lovely drizzle, the clouds broke up in great masses of white and silver...

...and the scintillating azure sky came out in full glory.

Sherlock Holmes crossword

More fun playing in the pond!

Stephen is really into stuffed animals right now :)

A Victorian-look hairstyle

Hole in Heaven ;)

And... my newest sewing project! I discovered this pattern (from the 70's) online, and really liked all the detailing. So imagine my delight when I found it on eBay for $5! 

The pattern was in great condition, surprisingly, and I feel I know a bit of the precise nature of the person who used this pattern by the care with which she (whoever she was :) cut and then neatly refolded them. :)

You can see here why this is called a "couturier" pattern! It was by far the most difficult thing I've ever attempted, and I didn't have my (former) resident seamstress (Beth) to refer questions to! But it really all came together, and wasn't achingly difficult. :)

The fabric I chose...

Pinned for hand-sewing in the lining...

If anyone's interested, I may show a picture of the finished dress -- right now I still have to find the perfect buttons.

This spider was leisurely letting himself down from a ceiling fan...

That's all for now! Thank you for joining me!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, do post a picture of the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete