A little bit...



pleasant little storks..: )


dear and sweet!

My yellow rose begins to bloom!

"A Sensitive Plant in a garden grew,
And the young winds fed it with silver dew;
And it opened its fan-like leaves to the light,
And closed them beneath the kisses of Night."

--Shelley

These are not acually called "sensitive plants", but they act the same! Stephen charmed me regarding these, and here is a little journal excerpt explaining;
"Stephen and I were standing in my garden where I had just showed him the withered and senile ( but still legitimate ) watermelon plant, when he crouched down and said, "Look, there/s one of those!" (Stephen habitually is an exception to MacPhee's theory of male ways of expressing themselves--not ever using pronouns) It was one of the pink pom-pon plants whose leaves are sensitive to touch and close up--he had recognized it by leaf shape alone--there were'nt any flowers yet!"

How much delight Mom and Dad have given me through this rose!

 ..And a wild favorite of mine with shamrock leaves--the Oxalis!

No comments:

Post a Comment