I was quite enamoured with my yellow roses. Was, because they have finished blooming for now, and I must wait for them to bloom again--the anticipation is delightful too!




Journal entry 4/22/11...
"...I have fallen in love with my roses' fragrance--I wander about sipping the aroma with my nose buried in the silk petals. ( Will Scarlet? : ) If you haven't noticed, I am a rose maniac--Mom and Dad truly chose a lovely present for me last birthday--and I wouldn't have ever thought it would bring me such delight..."



These busy bees drink honeysuckle!

The signs are finally up!



Our new favorite outside game -- forever tag


  
Journal excerpts 4/24/11
"Last night we had a strange thing---a northern sunset. There was a clear sharp ridged Norse mountain range and then coral glowing air beneath the heavy water laden brow of overspread sky.


I was taking photos when my rose filled mind moved me to see if there was light left for some rose shots backed in epic thundering sunset. It was like a weird tragic symbolism of Jepthah's daughter, or... "a ghastly moon lighted the dead of night... (I) stood and watched coral glow from from the stricken field wherin the valkyries would weave their web of slain and waft above in lightning chargers..."

Sooth to say, it was enchanting out there with the storm coming on! We had so much beautiful lightning, and enough rain to make the earth pleased."
(Disclaimer: flights of fancy should be taken for what they are, and not seriously )
: )

1 comment: